Thursday, October 08, 2009

How I am changing my life

Time is one of the most disciplined of creations! You can't stop it from steadily and surely running away, at the exact same pace. Time doesn't care what we do or how we spend it, It will come punctually and leave punctually. Time doesn't care about us, even though we have to care about time! Yes, it's a one sided care, that's just how it is. As every moment comes, we can take it or leave it, before it is forever gone. Sometimes we leave months and years. Some people even leave their whole time on earth! They take nothing; instead they're taken by anything that comes their way!


Like all of us, I should start "taking it". It's a non-stop gift that I have been given over and again, up until this moment. I can't control how long it will continue to come to me, but it's a shame that I let it go as long as I continue to live!


I decided to use my blog, this one, as a helping tool in my journey of change. I will commit to share this journey with everyone who decides to stop by and visit, or accidentally passes by! I am to share the journey with it's ups and downs. There is something about "going public" that could strengthen commitment. At least that's what I am hoping for, insha'Allah!


The journey is not only about actions and how-to's. Like anything of real value, it needs to start in the mind. Anything that doesn't have its roots deep in our hearts and minds has little chance of survival! Change for the better, for how life should be, is both an internal and external journey. I need to clean up my physical space as much as I need to get rid of negative thoughts and emotions. I have to create order in my time, actions, belonging, as much as I have to create order in my beliefs. The anticipated change can't really happen if we only focus on the superficial. If we leave love, care, truth, and most importantly God out of the picture we are doomed to failure!


May the journey to the Truth begin!

No comments: