Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Black or red?

The two colours in the title refer to a worldwide spice: pepper. I haven't been to many places in the world, but to me, pepper, especially black, seems to be known and used all over the world. I love spices, and all my life I used black pepper on almost everything I ate. Sometimes I even added as much black pepper to my eggs that it made a visible black layer on top! That's how I used to eat my eggs years ago.

I also like red pepper. I don't know why the black and the red are both called "pepper", because I just learned that they actually come from two different plants. I guess I need some more knowledge in order to know what's common in both of them.

Anyway, what I want to share with you today is a nice info for pepper lovers. Black pepper is said to be ok if consumed with moderation, but when it comes to red pepper, there is more good news. Red pepper is actually good for our health. It even has a history of medicinal use! Even though I have a longer history with black pepper, I guess, from now on, I will go red!

No comments: